Our Thailand Shot by You Sweepstakes winners, Cara and Steph Bono are right here to dish out all of the highlights from their time in Thailand, after taking part within the traditional Thailand on a Shoestring Tour and absorbing all that Thailand has to supply.
1. What was your itinerary like, and what locations did you hit up?
We went on the Thailand on a Shoestring tour with travel-europe-tips travel beginning in Bangkok and ending in Koh Tao. In the course of the 15 days of this journey, we’ve been in a position to expertise a style of all one of the best highlights of Thailand. Our first few days have been spent exploring the energetic streets of Bangkok, having fun with unbelievable avenue meals, visiting attractive temples, and experiencing the colourful nightlife.
Our subsequent cease was Chang Mai, which has a way more relaxed really feel than Thailand’s capital. We spent two days visiting the temples Doi Suthep, Wat Chedi Luang and hiked the monks path as much as Wat Pha Lat hidden within the jungle. The evenings right here have been spent tasting native dishes on the avenue meals markets, wandering the night time bazaars and partying at Chang Mai’s bar hub.
Subsequent on the itinerary was our jungle treks north of Chang Mai the place we stayed at homestays within the hill tribes. This was one of many coolest and most unusual experiences of our travels thus far. We took cooking lessons, realized find out how to weave bamboo baskets, hung out with locals within the village, and spent the evenings sharing superb meals and watching the night time sky. We left the villages by bamboo raft and had a three-hour expedition flowing via the jungle. That afternoon we headed right down to Khao Sok Nationwide Park and had a day of swimming and boating round some attractive landscapes.
Subsequent, we hit the islands, we stayed two nights at an superior occasion hostel on Koh Pangan, spending our days enjoyable in hammocks and having fun with the attractive seashores. Lastly, we landed in Koh Tao, a a lot smaller island with a extra native and relaxed vibe. It’s additionally recognized to be probably the greatest marine areas in all of Thailand, which is why we spent nearly all of our time right here exploring the colourful underwater world surrounding the coast.
2. What have you ever discovered is one of the best factor concerning the tradition in Thailand?
Our favourite trait of Thai tradition must be how pleasant and open the persons are. Anyplace you go there will probably be loads of folks going out of their manner that will help you and so they at all times make an effort to speak in a manner you’ll perceive. We additionally love how the Buddhist faith is entwined with the Thai folks’s entire way of life. They exude a deeper understanding and appreciation of the easy issues in life and everyone seems to be extraordinarily respectful. And being often called the “Land of Smiles” it’s true that their smiles are contagious.
three. What was one thing completely sudden that you simply noticed/skilled in Thailand?
One factor that I didn’t anticipate about Thailand is how a lot the folks right here consider in magic. Inside companies and plenty of tuk tuks they’ve embroidered protecting yantra patterns positioned excessive on the partitions or on the roof to maintain them protected from driving accidents and to guard their place of multinational from adverse energies. Many Thai folks additionally strongly consider within the magic of Sak Yant tattoos and use them to maintain protected, wholesome and to help them in reaching their life objectives.
four. What was your favourite place to see, and seize content material from?
Our favourite place to see on this journey must be Koh Tao. The island was gorgeous and it had nice power. We spent a lot of the day capturing underwater pictures of all of the coral reefs and marine life after which would make it again simply in time to catch the colourful sunsets over the water. Koh Tao was defiantly one of the best snorkel expertise we’ve had thus far. The water was glowing clear and there have been so many colleges of lovely fish.
We by no means get bored with photographing and capturing content material from Bangkok! The quantity of distinctive locations you’ll be able to enterprise to is limitless. From avenue pictures within the native markets, alleyways of Chinatown to extravagant golden temples, we might by no means get tired of exploring this metropolis. At night time town glows with life. Night time pictures right here is simply as thrilling because the nightlife.
5. Any suggestions for future travelers going to Thailand
- Right here’s our high ideas for future travelers about to expertise their first journey to Thailand:
- Pack very light-weight garments because it will get very humid and scorching, and ensure to have just a few light-weight pants and cover-ups for visiting temples.
- Pack bug spray & coral reef protected sunscreen • After spending an evening experiencing Koh San Street, enterprise out to the various different lovely bars Bangkok has to supply. Our favourite was the Iron Fairies.
- All the time cut price, as a foreigner many individuals double or triple their costs, cut price your manner right down to half.
- Purchase a sim card, it is going to make your travels run a complete lot smoother.
- The costs in Northern Thailand are less expensive than the southern Islands. Should you’d like to buy, attempt to do most of it in Chaing Mai.
- All the time have money on you as most locations don’t take card.
- Be a accountable and moral customer, don’t journey the elephants or give your cash to any vacationer attraction that treats animals badly.
- Don’t be afraid to stroll locations relatively than at all times taking tuk tuks. You’ll come throughout much more off the crushed path and attention-grabbing locations.
6. Describe Thailand in a single phrase, or a brief phrase.
It spices up your senses.
Searching for extra? Be sure to verify the Bono twins out on Instagram, @thebonotwins, and maintain your eyes pealed on our Sweepstakes web page to your likelihood to win an epic travel journey!
#travel_drops , #travelguide , #travel_captures , #traveller , #traveling , #traveldeeper , #travelblogger , #travelphotography , #travelholic , #traveler , #travelingram , #travelblog , #travelstoke , #travelbook , #travelph , #travelgram , #travelling , #travellers , #traveltheworld , #travelcouple , #travelislife , #travels , #traveladdict , #travelphoto , #travel , #traveleurope , #travelers , #travelbag , #travelawesome , #instatravel , #jetsetter , #luxurytravel , #traveljunkie , #travelphotos , #bucketlist , #globetrotter , #jetset , #ilovetravel , #passportready , #instavacation , #getaway , #minivacation , #travelogue , #travelinstyle , #instago , #escape , #aroundtheworld , #travelblogger , #tourism